So..... driver error.
   When you go into Recovery mode there is not an additional option after
   Disk Utility. However, f you go to the top Menu there is a Utilities
   option...stuck right at the top. That's where you find the Security
   Start Utility.
   How I didn't see it the first five times I don't know.
   Sorry...feel very silly!
   Rosemary Spark
   PO Box 781
   South Fremantle WA 6162 Australia