Statement of Prof. Dr. M. Din Syamsuddin,

the President of ACRP on the bombing terror of  J.W. Marriot and Ritz Carlton
Hotels, Jakarta, July 17, 2009.

  1.. We strongly condemn the bombing terror of J.W. Marriot and Ritz Carlton
Hotels. Undoubtedly, the bombing was an inhumane crime, which against humanity,
abuses religions and contradicts with universal values.
  2.. As we celebrate our successful and peaceful parliamentary and president
elections, we were very shocked by the explosion of the bombs. Victims of the
bombs were not mainly those who lost their lives or injured, but the whole
Indonesian people.
  3.. We, wholeheartedly extend our deepest sympathy and sincere condolence to
all innocent victims of the bombings. For those who were killed, may they rest
in peace.  For those who were injured may soon recover and have every best of
the future.
  4.. We urge the government of Indonesia and its security forces to maximize a
sound, independent, objective and professional investigation to uncover actors,
motives and mastermind of the bombings. It is a wise that neither the
government nor security forces making speculative and contra-productive
statements, which might lead to public controversies and social-political
disharmony.
  5.. It is important that all elements of society to remain positive and
confident about the security condition of Indonesia and maintain harmonious
friendship and relationship to prevent unexpected social disintegration.
  6.. We invite individuals as well as state, political and, especially,
religious leaders to joint hands and strengthen cooperation to prevent any kind
of violence and terrorism as a common enemy and to develop a safer and more
peaceful world.

Jakarta, July 18th, 2009

Asian Conference on Religion for Peace (ACRP)

Prof. Dr. M. Din Syamsuddin

President