----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2002 10:05 PM
Subject: Re: SV: {W&P} SV: SV: Skull Fossil Challenges Out-of-Africa Theory

In a message dated 7/12/2002 2:24:15 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Ok. That is an impressive way the water can back off , but that has nothng to do with "parting".

======
Says WHO? Read the following definition ... an earthquake fits the definition perfectly.

Main Entry: [2]part
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Old French partir, from Latin partire to divide, from part-, pars
Date: 13th century
intransitive senses
1 a : to separate from or take leave of someone
    b : to take leave of one another
2 : to become separated into parts
3 a : to go away : DEPART
    b : DIE
4 : to become separated, detached, or broken
5 : to relinquish possession or control <hated to part with that money>
transitive senses
1 a : to divide into parts
    b : to separate by combing on each side of a line
    c : to break or suffer the breaking of (as a rope or anchor chain)
2 : to divide into shares and distribute : APPORTION
3 a : to remove from contact or association <if aught but death part thee and me —Ruth 1:17(Authorized Version)>
    b : to keep separate <the narrow channel that parts England from France>
    c : to hold (as brawlers) apart
    d : to separate by a process of extraction, elimination, or secretion
4 a : archaic : LEAVE, QUIT
    b : dialect British : RELINQUISH, GIVE UP
synonym see SEPARATE

Very good, but that is not what is described any way. That the water is sucked out to the sea is not parting.