Claes Persson wrote:

> That do open up an other question. If the building really was a very
> strong construction the majority of the plane should be left outside,
> but nothing can be seen. I don't get it.
>
> Claes

--------------

Again, if the plane had hit a part of the building that had not already
had the new reinforcment it probably would have penetrated all the way
through to the inner ring and beyond, killing many more people and doing
much more damage. The strengthened internal barriers kept the damage
confined to the three outer rings. The entire building was already
scheduled to be reinforced. It was just the odd chance that the first
part of the building to have the new construction was the part that was
hit. It is not realistic to expect reinforcement of that kind to
absolutely stop a plane that big going that fast at the first wall. The
energy involved in that much mass traveling a few hundred miles an hour
would possibly be stopped by 30 foot-thick reinforced concrete. The
Petagon isn't reinforced to that extent. It is getting barriers built in
to LIMIT penetration but not to stop 150 tons going 400 miles per hour
dead in its path at the outer wall.