Claes Persson wrote:
> [...]

===

My family lived for a year and few months in the Amazon.  A childhood
friend of the wife & i (not us!) became "religious" and became a
missionary for some religious church group.  We were asked to "come on
down" and build a school, a few houses, plumbing work, solar & wind
generators erected etc. so on and so forth.

The Brazilian gov't has snipers who go deep into the jungles and
assassinate the "native indian tribes" - elders and young boys and
girls.  Disrupt their mode of living that has been built up over the
thousands of years - where it ends? - when the last indian has been
wiped off the face of the earth.  So much for property rights!

===

> All this is done by deforresting, taking all and leave nothing to
> protect the ground out of greed, and as you say, Ron, it's stupid, but
> the mighty short time proffit rules. Your idea of taking 10% is old and
> was practised here in Sweeden for many years. But the proffit suffer.
> It's complicated. Then they found that there was better proffit of strip
> forresting a piece at the time. However the planting of new trees have
> been done. If they don't take care of replanting the state comes down on
> them like a ton of bricks. The landscape looks funny, but is not left un
> attended, at least.

===

Hemp is the answer.  Big business doesn't want to hear about it though.
On a different note - notice that "Sweeden" is spelt with two e's - tis
is how it was when i was a kid growing up.  (do we ever want to
completely grow up?) ha.

===

> I'm always hoping that people will get more and more intelligence, but
> sometimes I think that people are just getting dumber. I'm no genius but
> I still feel lonely. To be a genius must be a very lonley life. It seems
> that the rule for too many of the forresters is: Big bucks to day fast
> and as easy as possible, after us - who cares.

===

Biodiversity makes the world go round - humans and animals!  When the
last beehive is sprayed with paraquat & the last antpile has been
torched - guess the asteroid in 2019 will be of little consequence. (sad
face inserted)

Rod

.