On Thursday,  6 April 2006 at 12:35, Dennis Schridde wrote:
> P.S. Do you have any idea what could have caused bug # 5655
> (http://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=5655) ?

Well, this bug contains two issues.

1. The sound problem: If this worked with r53, my changes have broken
the windows version, though I don't see where/how. Seems like I have to
set up a windows build environment... Was the Windows version compiled
with mingw/msys?

2. The beams: I haven't found out where the non-transparency was
introduced, as it is masked by the shadows. All SVN revisions since
revision 43 (which added the shadow toggle) have this problem when the
shadows are deactivated. But I don't know if it was introduced with r43
or was present before that.  What I have noticed is that the white
moving bars sometimes get blurred since r43 (eg. when starting "Fast
Play", not when loading the main menu, not when quitting to the main
menu). And there is another transparency bug with disabled shadows: The
radar map blinks between transparent and opaque.

--
BOFH excuse #180:

ether leak