On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 05:42:03 -0400 Dennis Schridde
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Am Mittwoch, 20. September 2006 07:36 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
>> No, it isn't the one you all think it is. :p
>>
>> The original archive also has all the required .dlls
>> Dec130.dll , edec.dll, winsdec.dll, winstr.dll and of course the
>> code to play the .rpl files.  I assume the people that did
>> converting did this on linux, and there wasn't any windows
>coders
>> right?  What I mean is, if the original code worked fine for
>> windows, then why was it removed?
>>
>> Was it a GPL issue by not having, or maybe not distrbuting the
>.dll
>> files that are needed to play the .rpls?  They are (c) Eidos,
>but
>> does that make a difference?
>>
>> Or was it just that since it can't be played on linux, they
>dropped
>> it?  Can I reinsert the code that was dropped ?  What about
>convert
>> the .dlls via wine to .so files?  That OK?
>RPL won't come back. And there won't be a Windows only solution
>either. At
>least not by me.

I was saying what the issue was about RPL though?  Was it because
of GPL or something else?

>> If not OK, then what, fork the SP & MP/skirmish so we don't have
>> deal with GPL restrictions that make no sense for this game
>since
>> everything *should* be covered by GPL
>Tell me what restrictions make no sense and you may create as many
>forks as
>you want.

The legal limbo we are in.  Until that is solved to be GPL  safe,
then we are stuck not doing anything for the original content that
was given in the original archive.  They did include a subset of
RPL stuff, and everything needed to view them.

>> I also found out that in the original game, if you hit out a
>> sequence with ESC, then you can only hit the little green circle
>> icon thing before "PAUSE" (displayed) is unpaused.  So bug #6734
>> isn't a bug is it?  That fix seems too drastic if the videos
>come
>> back?  Same goes for the other stuff that was killed/tweaked
>that
>> has to do with videos.  While it may be OK now, it will be
>broken
>> again later when video stuff is put back in.
>Could you give that info on the bugtracker?
>
>--Dennis
I thought once a bug was closed, you can't add comments?

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account
required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485