----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Schridde" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Development list" <warzone-dev@gna.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Warzone-dev] More patches for warnings

Am Mittwoch, 1. November 2006 23:03 schrieb Gerard Krol:
Hi,

This evenings work ;)

new.patch contains the addition of two macro's, and the use of them to
replace MALLOC
MALLOC itself is a macro around some custom wrapper around malloc...
So perhaps we should also check if we (additionally to using this NEW wrapper)
could drop that MALLOC malloc wrapper...
(I don't really know what exact functionality MALLOC and FREE provide, besides
that FREE checks for NULL pointers, what is useless as free() is defined by
the C std to do nothing in that case.)

--Dennis

PS: Idea seems good, didn't look at the patch.

It is a cleaner approach, but for me it is more intuitively to use MALLOC since already the name implies that malloc functionality will be used at some point. And these 2 new macros will not replace all occurances of MALLOC, so we are just introducing more macros for the same functionality.

But anyway, I will be an impartial executor of a collective opinion. To make it painless for everyone if no objections will be raised until tomorrow evening I will just go on and apply the patch.

Troman