On 1/9/07, Giel van Schijndel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am not sure what you are referring to. Can you give me a pointer?
I see now that even the back-end is mixed C/C++ (as opposed to pure
C++), anyway:
http://www.openal.org/repos/openal/trunk/OpenAL-Windows/Router/

Looks pure C to me. Perhaps you are  confused by the use of .cpp for C
files? This is a common oddity from MSVC users.

http://www.openal.org/repos/openal/trunk/OpenAL-Windows/OpenAL32/

The only file with actual C++ code I can find is this one
http://www.openal.org/repos/openal/trunk/OpenAL-Windows/OpenAL32/alThunk.cpp

Why it uses C++ and classes internally when it exports only C
functions, is beyond me. Seems rather pointless.

There is a MacOSX implementation using C++, too, but I am not sure
what the status of it is. But I see no C++ in the sample
implementation itself, which AFAICT is the one used on Linux.

 - Per