On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:27:27 +0100, Christian Ohm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday, 12 February 2007 at 23:50, Dennis Schridde wrote:
>> In the roadmap (http://wz2100.net/wiki/roadmap:2.0.6) only one bug is
>> left, which I want to fix for 2.0.6 (empty config file on Windows).
>
> Any hints on that? Delaying the release for a bug you don't have any
> idea on how to tackle seems a bit pointless... (same as some of the
> others you listed).
>
> Anyway, I'd like to improve the current documentation a bit (inspired by
> the long comment at http://happypenguin.org/show?Warzone%202100), that
> might take some time, so if the release is delayed for a bit that could
> be added as well.
>
> Oh, and how about a release candidate for 2.0.6? Not as "see if anyone
> finds some bugs in it", that can be done by the release as well. But add
> the "return TRUE" to disable videos, and ask people to especially report
> any problems related to that (so perhaps its more a test release than a
> release candidate - just a name, anyway). That'll have the effect of
> delaying the release a bit as well, and gives people something to play
> with in the meantime.
>
> (some time later) Ah, well, I don't want to rewrite all that, I'll look
> some more into the video issue, so take the previous paragraph with a
> grain of salt.
>
> And finally, the release checklist is missing "run ./autogen.sh" to
> create the build system for the source tarball, and happypenguin.org to
> announce the release on (any other interesting sites?).

Well, tweakers.net would be the place where I'd submit an entry for the new
release to the so called "meuktracker" (they usually only place full releases
though, not release candidates).

As for the autgen.sh thingy I think that one is not included in the list
because its results (i.e. the build system) should not be commited into the
Subversion repository.

--
Giel