On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 05:00:08 -0500 Giel van Schijndel
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 01:32:53 -0500, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I think we need to add fflush() to the output routines for
>> stderr.txt & stdout.txt.  This because on crash, those do not
>get
>> written, so we don't have anything to show.  This on windows.
>>
>> Anyone against this?  It will not slow game down much, and this
>is
>> only written on errors.
>>

>Well I'd say give it a shot if you want to, though I'm not sure
>the slow down will be acceptable. Especially since fflush just
>blocks the current thread (we only have one AFAIK) until I/O
>operations are finished.
>
>Also on GNU/Linux (maybe Windows as well?) writing a newline char
>("\n") to any pipe (e.g. stderr, stdout) results in an automatic
>fflush call.

That is not the case for windows.  You have to do a fflush to dump
it out to disk, a newline doesn't flush the buffer.

I see the buffer in a debugger, this how I know. :)

>> On line 1419 of scriptfunc.c it crashes on mission 3.
>>              ASSERT( FALSE, "scrRemoveMessage:cannot find message - %s",
>>                      psViewData->pName );
>>              return FALSE;
>>
>> Also getting many  errors now, usually openAL, same type before.
>> If no crash, then log is over 400k!
>
>What revision and branch (e.g. branches/2.0/ or trunk/) are you
>using?

The latest svn update, revision 782, though I now see that it is up
to 791.

--
Click to get a free auto insurance quote from top company at discount
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/CAaCXv1QRV7cNLgTdwcMCrqwH2W4i7kw/