[EMAIL PROTECTED] schreef:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:53:38 -0400 The Watermelon
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> ofcourse we should,many users including myself uses MSVC to
>> compile,and I
>> couldnt recall any free software I have used doesnt support MSVC
>> project/compiler

As for Watermelon's comment: supporting something purely and only
because many users use it is stupid (i.e. numbers alone should not be
the motivation for supporting MSVC). I do believe there might be other
reasons for supporting MSVC, but I don't see number of users to be a
valid reason in that list.
> MSVC has best editor/debugger around.
Well that is of course your opinion, so I'm not going to say anything
for or against that.
> Download the free express
> version, and you will see it really is excellent.

Sure, if you can tell me where to get it. And then only the free version
of course (not free as in beer, free as in freedom).

I have no problem with just doing a testrun or two with that compiler,
but actually using it is not something I would want to do.
> I no see real reason for use C99 specific code though, sometime it
> is bit easier, but only gcc supports it.  Original code is pure C,
> so will be shame to fork project if C99 will be used. :(

Well a very good reason: readability and ease of maintenance.

I'm just having trouble with making it ourselves difficult to maintain
code purely and only because company X doesn't support its product
anymore (i.e. in any other way than fixing some bugs in it).

--
Giel