On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:43:45 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>After looking at code, best thing  to **NOT** do away with
>GeneralBuffer. (displaybuffer).
>Reason is there are ~628 calls to load into this buffer.
>Now we have 1 malloc, and 1 free, so that is tons less malloc/free
>
>calls we no have to worry about.
>
>In hunt for memory leaks, I know now is not present in those
>routines that use this.  So no more changes to that is best until
>find other leaks.

Should not post so late at night. ;)
I read my logs backwards.  Sorry.

GeneralBuffer is use for .gam/bjo/map/ttp files, and so on.
It *not* use for wrf/pie/vlo/slo/txt/lev files ... confusion was
because the routine that load these resLoad() in frameresource.c
has,
        pFileBuffer = pLoadBuffer;
        fileBufferSize = bufferSize;
These point to GeneralBuffer & GeneralBufferSize, **BUT** they are
not even use!!
BOOL resLoad(const char *pResFile, SDWORD blockID,
             char *pLoadBuffer, SDWORD bufferSize)
Should be then
BOOL resLoad(const char *pResFile, SDWORD blockID)
resLoad uses own local buffer pointer, and free it when done, or we
can change  to really use GeneralBuffer & GeneralBufferSize.

well, it late. night. :)

--
Click for special offer on replacement windows - energy efficient
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/Ioyw6h4eNoT7eVpHUQALGfy7Dxf6bWPdi9wHyY5blvYI2V204itD58/