             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: svn/trunk
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
         Planned Release: None

Details:

For the leaking *.lex files, it seems the best choice for this project would
be to recreate the memory pool/heap that was ripped out in favor of normal
malloc()/free() calls.  I am mainly talking about the scripting engine
though, not having a global memory pool as before.

I was looking at the mailing list, and it seems this was somewhat discussed
for awhile, but it seems it didn't go anywhere really.  It is hard to follow
some of the conversation on what is being said between some people, and some
heated debates.

The main issue is that from looking at the orignal code, everything was done
with what is basically a garbage collector.  This solved all the issues with
the *.lex files leaking so much, since when the level ended, they could just
'free' the memory pool that they used.  It does no such thing now, as is
evident by all the leaking.

It really is pretty much a PITA to not have a gc while using bison/flex in
C.
In C++, there are ways around it (use containers), but not really in C.

I am reporting this as a bug since it could be considered a unavoidable
bug/consequence of moving from a memory pool architecture to what is in place
now.

  <http://gna.org/bugs/?10197>