             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: svn/trunk
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
         Planned Release: None

Details:

Giel, seems you added some new things (r2723), and I had to make a patch for
your version.c so it would work & not crash for MSVC.

Long story short, the C99 function snprintf() passed with a NULL buffer
crashes* on windows.

*"If buffer or format is a NULL pointer, or if count is less than or equal to
zero, the invalid parameter handler is invoked."
Which is freaking useless for us, so I made a new c99_snprintf() for us.

That is the partial fix.

The other issue is with autorevision.h.
First, most MSVC people use TortiseSVN.  So your autorevision.cpp fails
miserably. We use SubWCRev for version info.

I did a template file that shows you specifics, but that still needs to be
edited to work.
I wasn't sure if I should modify autorevision.cpp and have lots of #ifdefs
WIN32 statements or what we should do about that?

File Attachments:

Date: Tuesday 11/06/2007 at 04:45  Name: version.diff  Size: 1kB   By:
buginator

Date: Tuesday 11/06/2007 at 04:45  Name: autorevision.h.template  Size: 284B