Here's some more data to my problem which might help someone solve my issues.

Queso will not finish ./configure:

checking for OpenGL library... -lGL
checking for OpenGL Utility library... no
configure: error: GLU library not found

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/tmp/quesoglc-0.6.5$ sudo find / -name libGL*
/usr/lib/libGL.so
/usr/lib/libGLU.so.1
/usr/lib/libGLU.a
/usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.4
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1
/usr/lib/libGLU.so
/usr/lib/libGLEW.a
/usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2
/usr/lib/libGLEW.so
/usr/lib/libGLEW.so.1.4.0
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libGLcore.so
/usr/lib/libGLU.so.1.3.070001

It sure looks installed to me.  Is there an environmental variable that needs
to be set?  Is this a PATH issue?  I will continue to look into the configure
script to see why it does not think I have these packages installed.

Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Bruce Chidester