Kamaze schreef:
> Giel van Schijndel schrieb:
>> Although I don't think Germany is
>> the best country lately to be hosting open source projects in. (Some
>> anti-cryptography laws seem to have been passed there if I've followed
>> the news correctly.
>
> Did I miss something?
> We have now a absolute awesome and genially "anti-hacker-paragraph"
> which forbids the creation/distribution/usage of tools, which are
> primary created for hacking/cracking something.

I read some article about this. I've tried finding the link to it, but
failed. I do remember though that it was written in German, and my
German skills aren't that good I think... So it might as well have just
been some [German] politician voicing his (stupid) ideas. Please forgive
me if I just misread this. And if I didn't misread it, I'm sure some
orginisation like the FSF or so will go berserk so we'll hear about it.

<offtopic>
As for the "anti-hacker" thingy, what they really mean is a cracker:
http://catb.org/jargon/html/C/cracker.html

(Argh! The insults! Those media really should get their terminology right!!)
</offtopic>

--
Giel