On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Tim Baumgartner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ari Johnson wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Tim Baumgartner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> There is a Leopard compile problem (http://gna.org/bugs/?11940) in which
>>> QuesoGLC fails to link due to the location of some inline function
>>> definitions. I came up with a patch that fixes the issue (and submitted it
>>> to the QuesoGLC tracker) but I don't know when the problem will be fixed on
>>> the official QuesoGLC version.
>>>
>>> So that the problem doesn't persist for Leopard users trying to compile the
>>> Warzone trunk and/or 2.1 branch, I've modified the Xcode file so that it
>>> automatically applies the QuesoGLC patch during compilation. If this
>>> solution works for everyone (until QuesoGLC itself is fixed), I've attached
>>> both the QuesoGLC and Xcode patches. The script assumes the QuesoGLC patch
>>> is located in macosx/Resources/ because I didn't know a better place to put
>>> it but the location can easily be changed.
>>

>> My standard procedure would be to commit the patch into
>> /macosx/external/.  Also, the patch should probably be applied in the
>> script that extracts the QuesoGLC code into that directory, and only
>> if the extraction takes place.  That would avoid multiple applications
>> of the patch, although it would require a rm -rf
>> macosx/external/quesoglc in existing checkouts.
>>
>> Oh, how I'd love for a better way to do it.  But that's the best I
>> came up with and it works pretty well, on the whole. :)
>>
>> Ari
>>

> The script runs right after the script that downloads and extracts QuesoGLC. I
> put it in a new "script build phase" so that it would be easier to remove once
> QuesoGLC fixes the issue on their end but I can put it in the download script
> if
> you want.
>
> For the actual patching, the script copies the patch from macosx/Resources/ to
> macosx/external/quesoglc/ and patches it from there. If the patch is in the
> quesoglc directory, the script assumes QuesoGLC has already been patched and
> doesn't try to re-patch it. This would alleviate the problem of having to rm
> -rf
> the quesoglc directory in existing checkouts.
>
> In regards to storing the patch (the one I currently have in
> macosx/Resources/),
> you would like for it to be stored in macosx/external/, correct?

What you're doing is fine, but I do think that the patch should not be
in macosx/Resources/.  The reason for this is that the Resources
directory is intended for files that will be placed inside the
application bundle or framework bundles that are created in the build
process.  That is, resources for the application rather than resources
for the build.