Freddie Witherden schreef:
> On 26 Aug 2008, at 14:35, Giel van Schijndel wrote:
>
>> bugs buggy schreef:
>>> The only other question I have is for the  translations, and if
>>> there is
>>> enough room?
>> To my knowledge the only limit to the size of translatable strings is
>> the amount of available memory. AFAIK gettext dynamically allocates
>> memory to hold the translated strings.
>
> I believe Buggies comment was with regards to the physical amount of
> space available on screen.

Ah, ..., in that case I can tell you that the Dutch translation there is
both wrong and too long (so less space is required). _("Campaign or
Skirmish Game") would translate to "Veldtocht of Schermutseling spel".
Although the "spel" ("game" in English) part at the end sounds a bit
crappy to me. Just plain "Veldtocht of Schermutseling" ("Campaign or
Skirmish") sounds better to me, at least in Dutch.

--
Giel