Ari Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Freddie Witherden
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi Ari, Tim,
>>
>> Good news about the Xcode project!
>>
>> However, do you know if it is possible to comment out a target for
>> 10.5 (which ships with Bison 2.3)? So far as 10.5 goes, trunk builds
>> (with a slight modification to multiint.c IIRC).
>
> I don't have 10.5.  There would, however, be more than just leaving
> out the Bison target required to make it work on both 10.4 and 10.5
> with its included copy of Bison.  A more likely solution would be for
> the Bison target to do the following:
>
> 1. If the installed Bison is not 2.3 or better, fetch and build Bison 2.3.
> 2. No matter what, create a wrapper script that will call Bison 2.3,
> whether it was built in step 1 or not.
>
> Then the Xcode project can point to the wrapper script for its build rules.

Ari, thanks for committing the Bison patch.

A quick Google search led me to a page
(http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg01100.html) that claims the
location of the Bison distribution files can be set with the env var
BISON_PKGDATADIR but a configure flag might be better (I'll look into it).

The Bison wrapper script sounds like a good idea and I don't see any reason why
it shouldn't be implemented as Ari suggested. I'll work on this tomorrow
(Wednesday) and post back to this thread with the details of the final script
and Xcode project setup.

Per was kind enough to grant me commit access to the repository for OS X things
so I shouldn't need to bother you all too much about getting OS X patches
committed in the future.

Tim