Am Donnerstag, 25. September 2008 21:36:49 schrieb Per Inge Mathisen:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Unmaintained in a way that bugfixing has no priority (yet).
>
> I can't believe you are saying that. Bug fixing should *always* have
> priority!
>
> Maybe I am starting to understand why we are in this mess now...
You should consider removing commit rights from someone maybe...
I know I have caused bugs in the past, and in the sad state I am in currently,
I cannot fix the current ones either... (At least not for sure and in a way I
would appreciate.)

> > At least for me. I know things are broken, and I know that the situation
> > might change significantly after I have finished my work, so I will not
> > start to introduce workarounds for half-finished stuff.

> > No, I do not know whether I have time in 1.5 months. But at least the
> > chance is more than 0%...
> > And I actually would like to finish my work. Unless there are big
> > objections, I would rather not hand it to someone else to finish...
> >
> > As I said earlier, undoing the changes just to reintroduce them later
> > sounds a bit silly in my eyes. Reverting might prove more difficult than
> > you might initialy think, too. And it would make actual work (on the
> > reverted features) just more complicated (imo).
>
> Fair enough, but what you are saying is that we cannot put trunk on
> track for release at the moment. We absolutely cannot start a release
> process when there is a dependency on a work in progress that is
> delayed indefinitely.
In which case you'll either have to wait "indefinitely" (aka 1.5 months), or
revert the stuff.
Or try some workarounds. Buginator has some change to the behaviour of flamers
which apparently make them not spread fire over the whole map anymore. Though
it is unclear whether that fixes the underlying issue.
Or revert the work entirely and let the revert be reverted later. (Which would
require the least possible amount of changes to the affected code after the
revertion.)

--Devu