On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Dennis Schridde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Mixing and matching mods is never a good idea. If we encouraged it
>> then it would just lead to more useless bug reports.
> That's all the fun. ;) Multiple mods. Of course there'd be incompatibilities,
> but that should not concern us, as long as we are not causing them.

Do you really think users will understand that what the cause of the
bug is? It sure will not be obvious, eg they could play a long time
before the effect becomes apparent, perhaps forget that they used
mods, and it may show itself in really strange glitches.

If multiple mods is made easy, we will spend a lot of time going over
vague bug reports due to it. Sure we can just close them when (if) we
realize that the cause behind the bug report is conflicting mods, but
wasting time on *bogus* bug reports is far more annoying than spending
time tracking real bugs.

*Please* drop this idea already.

  - Per