On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 09:43:43AM -0500, Zarel wrote:

> Let's just release 2.1.4. Seriously, I've never heard of dropping
> support for the current release branch just because you want everyone
> else playing the development branch, no matter how close the
> development branch is to release (and, again, I don't consider "three
> weeks if we're lucky and nothing goes wrong" to be "close").

Ah, the impatience of youth!  What fraction of our development cycle
is 3 weeks?

If you are going to release another 2.1, do it.  Just don't do it at
the same time as 2.2 RC1.  It's bad marketing.  It dilutes both the
impact and user testing of the RC release.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswa...@centurytel.net