On 11/19/09, Dennis Schridde <devuran...@xxxxxxx.net> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 19. November 2009 08:43:06 schrieb Dennis Schridde:
>
> > Hello!
>  >
>  > Am Mittwoch, 18. November 2009 22:18:40 schrieb bugs buggy:
>  > > All known  fixable *REPORTED* bugs for 2.3b1 have been squashed, so we
>  > > need another beta release to keep our testing pool testing. :)
>  > >
>  > > The plan is to have another release this Saturday, the 21st.
>  >
>  >  and interest could try to build and test $svn/branches/2.3 (assuming there
>  >  are no changes about to happen on it anymore), so that the release builds
>  >  can be created quickly after the tag.

I thought that is what we basically do now...

> P.S: Maybe WZP would like to get an ACK (+ eventual time constraints) from
>  everyone involved in release-critical performances, e.g. package creation, so
>  Buginator can see how to best rollout the release.
>  That could be Zarel for MacOS packaging and is there someone creating Linux
>  installers?
>  Maybe coordination/information of distros would be worth a try, i.e. pabs for
>  Debian, nyhm / mr_bones for Gentoo, and possibly others.
>
>  --devu

Let me add, I am pushing out BETAs far faster than we have ever done
before, and the main reason for this is, we need feedback & testers.
This is in response to what pabs said for when we need to get the next
'stable' build to debian (&ubuntu) by the end of Dec.
That doesn't leave us much time, so I feel having weekly (or
bi-weekly) BETA releases is the way to go.

For building, I do windows + the linux tarball, and Per also does
linux tarballs and fedora releases when he can.  Zarel does the Mac
builds (for the last three releases I think it is).