On May 17, 2010, at 8:31 PM, buginator wrote:

> Now, for the mac, the main issues left are, the font textures get
> corrupted as can be seen in this ticket:
> http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/1549
>
> Dak's screen shot with the corruption is here:
> http://developer.wz2100.net/attachment/ticket/1549/2010-05-15at3.44.04PM.png
>
> Speaking of corruption, Segg2 also posted a corrupted image here:
> http://developer.wz2100.net/attachment/ticket/1549/qt-ss02.png
>
> I *think* the issue in both of those might be driver related, it
> doesn't happen on linux or windows. Well, Segg2 is also on linux, but
> I still think that is driver related.
>
> The input issues for the mac are a bit more confusing.
> The issue is, on macs (using Qt), ctrl key = cmd key, and cmd key =
> ctrl key, and alt key = option key.

On the font corruption issue, as the Qt example programs seem to have on issues
on the mac and that it only effects the menu title text and not any of the
others I doubt that it is a driver issue.

On the mater of input issues my take is that the way Qt does things is the
right way to go.
Where one would use the ctrl key on other operating systems one uses the cmd
key on the mac; for example to paste on the mac one uses cmd+v, not ctrl+v.
Since this is working right now and making it work otherwise would involve ugly
hacks I do not think this should be changed.
The only thing to keep in mind is that there are three reserved shortcuts:
cmd+q (quits the program), cmd+h (hides the program) & opt+cmd+h (hides all
other programs).

The mac option (⌥) key is traditionally a tricky beast as it preforms the
functions of both the alt key and the altgr key, as such the option key is
never used by its self in a shortcut but rather in combination with the cmd (⌘).

The ctrl key is primarily used on the mac with the mouse to generate a
right-click event; which I can tell you already works as expected on the mac.

On the topic of what do other game do, particularly ones that are cross
platform, my experience has been that if they use modifier keys at all they do
not use them as modifier keys, only as normal key presses.

My Web Sites:
http://dak180.users.sourceforge.net/