On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:15 AM, buginator <buginato...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>The change to mouseDown/mouseDrag doesn't make a lot of sense to me either,
>>since X will send you button 2 press/release if third-button emulation is
>>enabled, and if not then you probably don't want apps to emulate it
>>themselves.  Possibly it makes sense for other OSes...
>
> Umm... Zarel care to comment ?

We're not so much emulating it ourselves as providing an alternate
mouse button combination for it. Games have more leeway on that matter
because it's important to provide a consistent experience across
platforms.

In other words, the button to rotate is "hold down MMB, or
simultaneously hold down RMB and LMB". Making it "hold down MMB, or
simultaneously hold down RMB and LMB unless you're using Linux and X
and don't have third-button emulation enabled" doesn't make sense.

-Zarel