On 8/18/10, Per Inge Mathisen  wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 1:22 AM, buginator  wrote:

>>> Isn't this overkill? Someone kicks someone else for fun, or by
>>> accident, and does not understand that kicks are forever, will be
>>> seriously lost.
>> I would prefer that we have kick / ban buttons, but we have no room
>> for that in the lobby screen, and for the in-game 'scoreboard' screen,
>> Zarel mentioned that we could shrink down the other fields that we use
>> to make some room.
>
> I still think this will make for some very unhappy players as they
> realize that their joke-kick turns out into a
> I-can-never-play-with-that-player-again action, which they may be
> unable to undo without pestering us for detailed instructions.
>
> Could you please explain what motivated this overzealous change?
>
> BTW, the lobby screen can be expanded. Nobody uses 640x480 anymore.

This is the same behavior it always had, as in, kicks = bans, the only
difference is that it is permanent, so you don't have to keep kicking
the same people over & over again, it is saved to a file and reloaded
when they host.

See r10465 'Add ability to ban IPs when the host kicks a player. ...'
In -games, lots of people complained, so I made the change to a permanent list.
I know this only works for static IPs, but, it is better than nothing.

Believe it or not, I still use 640x480, since it helps with debugging
on small windows :)