> Ryan Lubke wrote:
> Christopher K. St. John wrote:
> >
> >  It would be nitfy to have GTest output in XML.
>
> If you take a look at GTest, the original developers had started
> something like this.
>
> I've had intentions to work on this, but time hasn't permitted.

 I took a quick look. What's there can be activated by modifying (for
example) servlet-gtest.xml. Give the first watchdog test a new attribute:

        <watchdog request="..."
            testName="DoFilterTest" debug="0"
          firstTask="true"
          resultFileName="/home/cks/xxx.results.xml"
        />

 Make sure "resultFileName" comes _after_ "firstTask". You end up
with an ill-formed XML file, but you get something.

 Looks like it wouldn't be too hard to fix it up, main thing is writing a
filter for the output so the actual/golden listing doesn't contain any
xml-nasties like '<', etc.

 I don't have big blocks of time to devote to this, but I should be able
to grab an hour or two here and there over the next couple of weeks.
I'd just be fixing up what was there (keeping the dual resultOut/system.out
thing).  Does that sound reasonable?