One more thing. Anyone working from trunk -- building gems, running unit 
tests, modifying source -- really should be watching the Watir 
Development list.
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/wtr-development/

We're integrating Watir and FireWatir right now and this has lead to a 
number of structural changes, which are being discussed there. The IRC 
channel (which Jeff set up -- thanks again) is also a good place to check.

Jeff knows this, but I thought I would share with others.

Bret


Bret Pettichord wrote:
> You need check out one level up.
> svn://svn.openqa.org/svn/watir/trunk
>
> Now that we've integrated the Watir and FireWatir projects, common code 
> used by both are stored in watir-common, so you'll need this.
>
> You should also read the information on this page:
> http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Running+Unit+Tests+in+Development
>
> Bret
>
> Jeff Fry wrote:
>   
>> From IRC:
>>
>> [23:02]      <jfry>  Hey there, have any of you built a gem locally from 
>> the watir trunk?
>> [23:02]      <jfry>  I've done it successfully a long time back, I think.
>> [23:02]      <jfry>  Just tried now and got:
>> [23:02]      <jfry>  ERROR: Error installing watir-1.5.6.gem:
>> [23:02]      <jfry>  watir requires watir-common (>= 0)
>> [23:02]      <jfry>  Does that mean anything to you?
>> [23:07]      <pettichord>    hi there
>> [23:08]      <pettichord>    you'll also need to build the watir-common gem
>> [23:08]      <pettichord>    "rake gem" in the watir-common directory
>>
>>
>> I've searched for a directory called common or watir-common and came 
>> up blank. I also tried:
>> C:\dev\watir>rake gem
>> ...Which created a pkg directory, containing
>> 10/13/2008  11:12 PM           254,464 watir-1.5.6.gem
>>
>> ...but clearly I'm missing something because both of the following 
>> still fail for me:
>>
>> C:\dev\watir\pkg>gem install watir-1.5.6.gem
>> Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org/
>> ERROR:  Error installing watir-1.5.6.gem:
>>         watir requires watir-common (>= 0)
>>
>> C:\dev\watir\pkg>gem install watir-1.5.6.gem --local
>> ERROR:  Error installing watir-1.5.6.gem:
>>         watir requires watir-common (>= 0)
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -- 
>> Jeff Fry
>>
>> http://testingjeff.wordpress.com
>> http://associationforsoftwaretesting.org
>>
>>     
>
>
> >
>   


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Watir General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines: 
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to