OK, I'm getting closer - I've checked out from 1 level up and so now have
watir-common. I just


I created a gem

C:\dev\watir>gem install watir-1.5.6.gem --local
ERROR:  Error installing watir-1.5.6.gem:
        watir requires watir-common (>= 0)

...and then tried the following:

C:\dev\watir-common>rake gem
(in C:/dev/watir-common)
rake aborted!
no such file to load -- hoe
C:/dev/watir-common/rakefile:2
(See full trace by running task with --trace)

I tried the same thing in /watir, which succeeded...

C:\dev\watir>rake gem
(in C:/dev/watir)
mkdir -p pkg
  Successfully built RubyGem
  Name: watir
  Version: 1.5.6
  File: watir-1.5.6.gem
mv watir-1.5.6.gem pkg/watir-1.5.6.gem

...but still doesn't get watir to build for me:

C:\dev\watir\pkg>gem install watir-1.5.6.gem --local
ERROR:  Error installing watir-1.5.6.gem:
        watir requires watir-common (>= 0)

Bret or others, can you help me find the error of my ways?

I'll be happy to get this onto the wiki in greater detail.

Thanks,
Jeff


On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:08 AM, Jeff Fry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From IRC:
>
> [23:02]<jfry> Hey there, have any of you built a gem locally from the
> watir trunk?[23:02]<jfry> I've done it successfully a long time back, I
> think.[23:02]<jfry> Just tried now and got:[23:02]<jfry> ERROR: Error
> installing watir-1.5.6.gem:[23:02]<jfry> watir requires watir-common (>=
> 0)[23:02]<jfry> Does that mean anything to you?[23:07]<pettichord> hi
> there[23:08]<pettichord> you'll also need to build the watir-common gem
> [23:08]<pettichord> "rake gem" in the watir-common directory
> I've searched for a directory called common or watir-common and came up
> blank. I also tried:
> C:\dev\watir>rake gem
> ...Which created a pkg directory, containing
> 10/13/2008  11:12 PM           254,464 watir-1.5.6.gem
>
> ...but clearly I'm missing something because both of the following still
> fail for me:
>
> C:\dev\watir\pkg>gem install watir-1.5.6.gem
> Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org/
> ERROR:  Error installing watir-1.5.6.gem:
>         watir requires watir-common (>= 0)
>
> C:\dev\watir\pkg>gem install watir-1.5.6.gem --local
> ERROR:  Error installing watir-1.5.6.gem:
>         watir requires watir-common (>= 0)
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Jeff Fry
>
> http://testingjeff.wordpress.com
> http://associationforsoftwaretesting.org
>



-- 
Jeff Fry

http://testingjeff.wordpress.com
http://associationforsoftwaretesting.org

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Watir General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines: 
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to