Hello,

I'm trying to set value to a text field that takes in only numeric
values.

<INPUT class="validtxt" onkeypress="return CreateIssue_CheckKeyCode
('createissue')" id="create_id" value="" />

I tried the following:

id = "123"
ie.text_field(:id, "create_id").fire_event("onkeypress")
ie.text_field(:id, "create_id").set id

But I get a pop up saying "Only numeric values allowed" three times as
each digit of the id is entered. I even tried entering just 1 instead
of 123 and I still got the same error pop-up.

Anyone has ideas on how to get around this problem?

Thanks
Sowmya.

P.S: I've just started using Watir. I looked through this forum to
make sure my question isn't duplicated, but I couldn't find any
answers. If you find that the question is already answered I apologize
- please direct me to the right thread.