>From your first post, I am not sure how you are trying to use
ie.enabled_popup.

I assume you are trying to something like what is described on the
wiki:

http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/JavaScript+Pop+Ups

I do not know which example you are following.  If you take this one
for example,

require 'watir/contrib/enabled_popup'

def popupChecker(text)
    Timeout::timeout(2)do
        begin
            if ie.enabled_popup
                hwnd = ie.enabled_popup(5)
                w = WinClicker.new
                w.makeWindowActive(hwnd)
                w.clickWindowsButton_hWnd(hwnd,text)
            end
        rescue Timeout::Error
            puts 'No popup existed'

The strange thing to me is that the error you show references a Watir
frame.  A frame would not have an hwnd associated with it directly, so
I am not sure how you even got the error.

I am trying to use the routine above and am finding that there must be
some things on my system that keep it from working all the time.
Sometimes it dismisses the popup and sometimes it doesn't.

Jim