Here is the code

def startClicker( page_container, button , waitTime= 9,
user_input=nil )
  # get a handle if one exists
  hwnd = page_container.enabled_popup(waitTime)
  if (hwnd)  # yes there is a popup
    puts 'popup found'
    w = WinClicker.new
    w.makeWindowActive(hwnd)

    if ( user_input )
      w.setTextValueForFileNameField( hwnd, "#{user_input}" )
    end

    # "OK" or whatever the name on the button is
    puts "Trying to click on " + button
    w.clickWindowsButton_hwnd( hwnd, button )
    #
    # this is just cleanup
    w=nil
  else
    puts "No popup found"
  end
end

which is triggered by this cucumber step

Then 'I delete the Test Role role' do
    roles_page.roles.row(:name => "Test Role").col1_element.click
#clicks on a checkbox (works fine)
    roles_page.bottom_delete.click_no_wait        # clicks on the
delete button (works fine)
    sleep 5
    startClicker(roles_page.logon_frame, "OK")   # call function above
end

logon_frame is actually a <div> reference. I am thinking the first
parm might be wrong, but what should it be? The browser ref?