It seems that I've been encountering more people within my workplace
(and, alas, even within my own QA team!) that are not sold on test
automation. From what I've learned so far, there seems that automation
will never cover 100% of what needs to be tested, but this doesn't
negate the need.

Another frustration is that I've been tasked to write automation
scripts as part of my year-end goals. However, I haven't been assigned
hours in my work week to do them! All of my script development has
been after-hours and weekends (notice I'm posting this on a
Saturday!).

Has anyone else run into naysayers?  How can I convince the decision-
makers that this is a worthwhile effort?