there are some ajax request statuses available in IE7 ( and presumably 8 )
but when I tried a long time back to get hold of them, I could find no way
of accessing them

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Chuck van der Linden <[email protected]>wrote:

>
>
>
> On Apr 15, 2:54 am, Jarmo Pertman <[email protected]> wrote:
> >When you do .click, then Watir
> > waits for page load (it might take 20 minutes), so why wouldn't it be
> > reasonable to wait until events have been processed?
> >
>
> I believe (and those more familiar with the watir code, and
> interacting with the browser please correct me if I am wrong about
> this.) this is because the browser provides status for things along
> the lines of "i'm loading a new page" and "the page is done loading".
> if you have the status line of your browser enabled you can even see
> this visually.   So the watir code can tell if a click resulted in a
> http request, and when the response to the request (and all the
> dependent requests associated with it) has completed.
>
>
>  I do not believe that there is any similar status indication of "I'm
> busy running javascript" and "I'm done running javascript"  hence how
> would the watir code KNOW when the client side scripting (that was
> invoked when the event was fired) has finished?
>
> If I'm wrong, and there's a way to tell if firing an event has caused
> javascript or other client side code to start executing, and also tell
> when that code is done executing, then yes, I think your request is
> reasonable.
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Watir General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines: 
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to