http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general/browse_thread/thread/df7eca6a7a591e05
  http://wtr.rubyforge.org/rdoc/classes/Watir/Assertions.html
 

Chuck van der Linden wrote:
> where is that documented?  I didn't even know we had that method  (I
> went and wrote my own verify for the first generation of my
> automation)
>
> On Apr 20, 4:07 pm, Bret Pettichord <[email protected]> wrote:
>   
>> To clarify, Tiffany is talking about the "verify" method that is part of
>> the Watir assertions.
>>
>> Bret
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Tiffany Fodor wrote:
>>     
>>> Hi Durgesh!
>>>       
>>> Are you using the Test::Unit assertions?
>>>       
>>> Originally, I used the Test::Unit assertions, but moved to the Watir
>>> assertions for this reason.  Watir assertions won't cause the script
>>> to stop - it will keep running until it can't find any of the page
>>> objects to continue your tests.
>>>       
>>> You might also want to check out the RSpec assertions.  Most people
>>> find them more intuitive and easier to read, although I'm still using
>>> a Test::Unit framework with Watir assertions.
>>>       
>>> Hope this helps!
>>>       
>>> -Tiffany
>>>       
>>> On Apr 20, 4:58 am, Durgesh Nadkarni <[email protected]>
>>> wrote:
>>>       
>>>> Hi,
>>>>         
>>>> I want to know how can we continue with the script execution when assert
>>>> condition fails.
>>>>         
>>>> The control does not go ahead from the line where the assert condition
>>>> fails.
>>>>         
>>>> For example suppose I have following assert condition
>>>> assert(ie.pageContainsText("some text"))
>>>>         
>>>> Then if the above condition fails, the control does not move to the next
>>>> line in the script.
>>>>         
>>>> As a result I cannot check whether next assert condition passed or failed.
>>>> It also halts the execution in case of data driven testing as execution
>>>> stops at that point.
>>>>         
>>>> Please let me know on above.
>>>>         
>>>> Thanks & Regards
>>>> Durgesh.
>>>>         
>> --
>> Bret Pettichord
>> CTO, WatirCraft LLC,www.watircraft.com
>> Lead Developer, Watir,www.watir.com
>> Blog,www.io.com/~wazmo/blog
>> Twitter,www.twitter.com/bpettichord
>>
>> Watir Training: Portland/Beaverton April 16-17www.watircraft.com/training- 
>> Hide quoted text -
>>
>> - Show quoted text -
>>     
> >
>   


-- 
Bret Pettichord
CTO, WatirCraft LLC, www.watircraft.com
Lead Developer, Watir, www.watir.com
Blog, www.io.com/~wazmo/blog
Twitter, www.twitter.com/bpettichord

Watir Training: Portland/Beaverton April 16-17
www.watircraft.com/training


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Watir General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines: 
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to