Think of a frame as an entirely seperate web-page, embedded within
another web page.  it is such a distinct body that it's really not
practical to think of it as a 'nested container' they way you would a
div, table, or form.

Due to this and other restrictions, many web-devs I know consider
frames to be 'evil' and eschew their use whenever practical.