Hi!
I'm new with Watir and Ruby. I'm trying to learn to use the tool and
to program using Ruby too...
I have a laptop with Windows Vista and using Ruby-186-26.
The only thing I have done is to copy an example about a google search
using SctIE editor and saving it with .rb extension.
This is the code:

#-------------------------------------------------------------#
# Demo test for the Watir controller.
#
# Purpose: to demonstrate the following Watir functionality:
#   * entering text into a text field,
#   * clicking a button,
#   * checking to see if a page contains text.
# Test will search Google for the "pickaxe" Ruby book.
#-------------------------------------------------------------#

# the Watir controller
require "watir"

# set a variable
test_site = "http://www.google.com";

# open a browser
browser = Watir::Browser.new

# print some comments
puts "Beginning of test: Google search."

puts " Step 1: go to the test site: " + test_site
browser.goto test_site

puts " Step 2: enter 'pickaxe' in the search text field."
browser.text_field(:name, "q").set "pickaxe" # "q" is the name of the
search field

puts " Step 3: click the 'Google Search' button."
browser.button(:name, "btnG").click # "btnG" is the name of the Search
button

puts " Expected Result:"
puts "  A Google page with results should be shown. 'Programming Ruby'
should be high on the list."

puts " Actual Result:"
if browser.text.include? "Programming Ruby"
  puts "  Test Passed. Found the test string: 'Programming Ruby'.
Actual Results match Expected Results."
else
  puts "  Test Failed! Could not find: 'Programming Ruby'."
end

puts "End of test: Google search."

The problem is that when executing this code, I got the following
error:

C:\Users\Pato\Documents>ruby pruebaruby.rb
Beginning of test: Google search.
 Step 1: go to the test site: http://www.google.com
 Step 2: enter 'pickaxe' in the search text field.
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.6.2/lib/watir/element.rb:52:in
`assert_ex
ists': Unable to locate element, using :name,
"q" (Watir::Exception::UnknownObje
ctException)
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.6.2/lib/watir/
element.rb:284
:in `enabled?'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.6.2/lib/watir/
element.rb:56:
in `assert_enabled'
        from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.6.2/lib/watir/
input_elements
.rb:323:in `set'
        from pruebaruby.rb:27

At the same time it is executing, the new window of the browser is
opened as requested in the code, but it is a blank window and a
message is displayed about security in the zones are different so it
is necessary to open the url in a different window. Then a new second
browser window is opened and the code stops to respond and the pasted
error message is displayed.
I have verified the IE browser properties and there is something
calling my attention:
The first window browser that the codes open says "Protected mode
deactivated"
The second one that it is displayed after confirming the security
message says "Protected mode activated"
I think that I have any property in the IE that it is not working
fine. I have set the security properties to the default value and this
didn't solve the issue.
Could someone help me to solve this? I'm new with this and don't know
how to solve it.
Thanks a lot!