On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 6:48 PM, Charley Baker <charley.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Watir in the github master should be working with 1.9.1. Jari made some
> fixes, so for Watir we should be good.

Yep, both Watir and FireWatir test suites were passing (on the 1.9.1
preview from the RubyInstaller guys) last I checked. There are two
forks of user-choices on GitHub, this one works on 1.9.1:

http://github.com/qoobaa/user-choices/

Would definitely be better if Brian did an official release.

A word of warning before you all get wild with excitement; Watir
didn't seem to perform a whole lot better on 1.9.1 - the test suite
ran about the same as on the old one-click 1.8.6 installer, a couple
of times even a little slower. Perhaps the preview build of 1.9.1
includes some debugging code that slows it down, or (more likely) the
real bottlenecks in Watir isn't Ruby as a language, or a combination
of both. A lot of people's test support code will probably benefit a
lot from the speed improvements though.