From: Prince3105 [mailto:prince3...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 10:51 AM
To: Watir General
Subject: [wtr-general] Relative path

Hi Experts,

I put my Test scripts, test data excel files and test cases file in

one folder and doing testing. When i change the whole bunch to another

system i am facing folder path issues. I was working QTP , where i can

solve this problem by relative path. Please take a look on my below

code.

$excel_path = "e:\\Data\\Prince\\WatIR\\iComet\\TestCases\

\Stores&Spares"

$excel = WIN32OLE.new("excel.application")

$excel['Visible'] = true;

$workbook = $excel.Workbooks.Open $excel_path

$worksheet = $workbook.WorkSheets(4)

$worksheet.Select

So after searching rdoc i found one code and it returns the current

path. But am unable to open the excel file.

$excel_path = Dir.getwid + "\\Stores&Spares"

it gives the current file path as below

"E:/Data/Prince/WatIR/iComet/TestCases\\Stores&Spares"

So my tests are failed. I  need something like below

$excel_path = RelativePath+(\\Stores&Spares)

It may not be a watir question but i dont have more experience in

ruby. So please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Prince3105