Hi,

 Was tyring to install watir on my M/c (windows Vista)
I have installed ruby 1.6.86 and when i do gem -v, i get 0.9.4 as the gem
version.

When i tried with "gem update --system " i got the below message

* gem update --system
Updating RubyGems...
Attempting remote update of rubygems-update
Install required dependency builder? [Yn] y
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find builder (>= 0) in any repository

* gem install watir
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find watir (> 0) in any repository

The ruby version & gem version installed is

* ruby -v

* gem -v
0.9.4

Tried removing the source index from rubyforge and pointed to gemcutter as
indicated by you

* gem source -a http://gemcutter.org
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gemcutter.org
http://gemcutter.org added to sources

* gem source -r http://gems.rubyforge.org
http://gems.rubyforge.org removed from sources

After the above two steps i tried to install watir & again the got the same
error

* "gem install watir"

ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find watir (> 0) in any repository

Thanks for the help

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Željko Filipin <
zeljko.fili...@wa-research.ch> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:04 AM, chethan sarathy <chethan2...@yahoo.co.in>
> wrote:
> > any help on this...?