hi

I am trying to install watir in my PC. while I am running the command
"gem update --system" or "gem install watir"
It always throws following error

ERROR:  While executing gem ... (OptionParser::AmbiguousOption)
    ambiguous option: -system

because my company hava domain manager.
how to resolve it,thank you!

2009/12/9 chethan sarathy <chethan2...@yahoo.co.in>

> I All,
>
> Here is the solution for Ruby Installation & Updating the Gems.
>
> Pls read this article for more info
> http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=35591
>
> Steps:
>
>    - Find the New Ruby Installer "186-27_rc2.exe." in
>    http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=167
>    - Install the same (run the command ruby -v some times it throws error
>    in that case uninstall & install again).
>    - Run gem update (earlier gem update --system doesn't work).
>    - Run gem install watir.
>
>    Done.
>
>    This will start running Watir   :)
>
>    Thanks to Shivananda & gemcutter google group for all the help they
>    extended.
>
>    Cheers,
>    Chethan

善待自己,相信自己,好运常伴自己!