Thanks Orde. Yes, I am using the Ruby Logger.

So, to systematically log all clicks at debug level I have wrapped the link.click method, with something like this:

class My_browser
 def self.click_link(link)
     Log.instance.debug 'Clicking on ' + link.href
     link.click
 end
end

From the lack of other replies, I'm guessing something like this isn't already built in to Watir.

 Frank

orde wrote:
Ruby has a Logger class: http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Logger.html

It should deliver exactly what you're looking for.  Hope it helps.

orde

On Feb 1, 2:02 am, fharper1961 <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've started using Watir, and it would seem really useful if Watir
could generate a DEBUG level log.

What I mean, is that by setting a Watir option, a log would be
generated that contains all the "user" input.

The result would be something along the lines of
D, [10:05:15#2372] DEBUG -- : Goto URLhttp://xxx.yyy.com:8020/foo/bar/
D, [10:05:23#2372] DEBUG -- : Clicking on 
linkhttp://xxx.yyy.com:8020/foo/bar/viewer/results/list?category=2

Does such a feature already exist?


--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Watir 
General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines: 
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general

Reply via email to