This is a very strange behavior and I am sure it has to do with
Microsoft Windows, IE etc.

I installed hudson on a brand new machine (VMWare) and it used to run
watir with a batch file command (cd the tests directory and runing
the .rb test), and then after some days it doesn't work anymore.
The test says running, but I dont see any test actually running on the
screen.
Just to make sure I turned off popup blocker and installed google bar,
so popup blocker is not the issue.
It is very very strange!!!



On Jan 4, 4:29 pm, Charley Baker <[email protected]> wrote:
> I don't know hudson at all, but there are some here on the list who do use
> it.
>
> We use CruiseControl with a lot plugins and scripts that would be massive
> overkill and are fairly complex. That being said, the basic intent for our
> Watir scripts is to run rake.bat with an actual rake file from a working
> directory, launch our tests and get back results. I have a simple blog post
> on how to do the same with CC.rb from quite some time ago, Cruise as we use
> it does all of our builds and pipelines, running functional tests are just
> one part, so I can't really boil it down, but any build system should be
> able to do the same. Check out the docs, or talk to your build people, it
> shouldn't be too hard.
>
> Anyone with actual Hudson experience, please chime in. :)
>
> Charley Baker
> blog:http://blog.charleybaker.org/
> Lead Developer, Watir,http://watir.com
> QA Architect, Gap Inc Direct
>
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Shlomit Gazit <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>
>
> > Please advice.!!
>
> > On Jan 4, 9:20 am, Shlomit Gazit <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >  I forgot to mention that I am creating a batch commend on Hudson when
> > > getting the error  above.
>
> > > I was also trying to invoke rake file. I have rake and ruby plugin
> > > pointing to ruby directory on the windows but I got an error:
>
> > > FATAL: bin\rake.bat doesn't exist
>
> > > Although looking at ruby/bin directory I can see rake.bat
> > > ************************
> > > Another question is:
> > > When running watir from hudson, I am suppose to see the WEB GUI
> > > running?
>
> > > On Jan 4, 8:51 am, Shlomit Gazit <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > > I am able to run watir test from command line but when I am trying to
> > > > run watir from hudson I am getting:
>
> > > >   1) Error:
> > > > test_imperative(TC_c2p_all):
> > > > WIN32OLERuntimeError: failed to create WIN32OLE object from
> > > > `InternetExplorer.Application'
> > > >     HRESULT error code:0x80004002
> > > >       No such interface supported
> > > >     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.6.5/lib/watir/ie-class.rb:
> > > > 164:in `initialize'
> > > >     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.6.5/lib/watir/ie-class.rb:
> > > > 164:in `new'
> > > >     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.6.5/lib/watir/ie-class.rb:
> > > > 164:in `create_browser_window'
> > > >     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.6.5/lib/watir/ie-class.rb:
> > > > 88:in `_new_window_init'
> > > >     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.6.5/lib/watir/ie-class.rb:
> > > > 84:in `initialize'
> > > >     ./c2p_module_login_localh.rb:31:in `new'
> > > >     ./c2p_module_login_localh.rb:31:in `login'
> > > >     C:/Documents and Settings/INTEGRATOR/.hudson/jobs/watir
> > > > tests_trunk/workspace/c2p_watir_dev/c2p_test_all_15_menus_dev.rb:60:in
> > > > `setup'
>
> > > > 1 tests, 0 assertions, 0 failures, 1 errors
>
> > > > I am running on Windows XP home edition. Hudson 1.339. Ruby version:
> > > > ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i386-mswin32]
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "Watir General" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
> > Before posting, please read the following guidelines:
> >http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > [email protected]
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Watir General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines: 
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general

Reply via email to