Thanks Wesley. The only difference between our examples is that you've
set your instance of IE to a global variable and mine is an instance
variable, but that shouldn't affect anything.   If you get a chance to
check your watir/ruby versions I'd appreciate it!  Also,  I see that I
did have a typo in the above post for the command, but I had it
correct in previous testing, just not posting.

Thanks again,
Adam