I reinstalled watir 1.6.5 and this appears to be working across the board now. Not sure what was wrong with my installation. Thanks for the replies in working this out!
On Feb 10, 10:27 pm, AR <[email protected]> wrote: > Error is either "Nil", or an error saying element not found depending > on my approach. Basically just things that say "you're not looking > for what you think you're looking for." > > By looking at them, I can't see any reason why yours would act > differently than mine (except for my typo). > > On Feb 10, 7:31 pm, Wesley Chen <[email protected]> wrote: > > > No, I use: > > ruby 1.8.6 (2007-09-24 patchlevel 111) [i386-mswin32] > > Watir 1.6.5 > > > What's your error message? > > I think your *text_field* part is not the same as mine. > > > Wesley. > > For life, the easier, the better. > > > On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 9:23 AM, AR <[email protected]> wrote: > > > Thanks Wesley. The only difference between our examples is that you've > > > set your instance of IE to a global variable and mine is an instance > > > variable, but that shouldn't affect anything. If you get a chance to > > > check your watir/ruby versions I'd appreciate it! Also, I see that I > > > did have a typo in the above post for the command, but I had it > > > correct in previous testing, just not posting. > > > > Thanks again, > > > Adam > > > > On Feb 10, 7:02 pm, Wesley Chen <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > The code below can work in my editor. > > > > puts $ie.text_field(:xpath, "//inp...@qa='request-form.first_name']/") > > > > puts $ie.form(:index, 1).attribute_value("qa") > > > > * > > > > * > > > > *I have the same Watir, ruby version, windows version as you.* > > > > *I think you may try the code again.* > > > > * > > > > * > > > > Wesley. > > > > For life, the easier, the better. > > > > > On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:28 AM, AR <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > @ie.text_field(:xpath, "//inp...@qa='request.first_name']/") > > > > -- > > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > > > "Watir General" group. > > > To post to this group, send email to [email protected] > > > Before posting, please read the following guidelines: > > >http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to > > > [email protected]<watir-general%[email protected]> > > > For more options, visit this group at > > >http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Watir General" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] Before posting, please read the following guidelines: http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
