That's interesting. Maybe it's the text entry? I've run into situations where those parts of a test occasionally crawl. Otherwise Firefox is generally a bit faster (at least for me). I had done some customization for what I was doing so maybe my experience is different from others.
Do you have any ideas where specifically the bottlenecks are? If it's a text entry problem you might want to try value= instead of set (not sure if that will work but think I tried that at one point). ----- Original Message ---- From: Chad Larkin <[email protected]> To: Watir General <[email protected]> Sent: Thu, September 9, 2010 9:23:03 AM Subject: [wtr-general] Speed: IE vs FF I recently began using Watir/Firewatir with Rasta to build a domain specific language for the automated testing tasks where I work. I have been experiencing some significant differences in time to execute when running those tests in IE 8 compared to FF 3.6.9. The longer tests take about 1/3 (or less) of the time to execute in IE than FF. Does anyone have any tips for speeding up the execution in FF? Thank you Chad ruby 1.8.6 (2010-02-04 patchlevel 398) [i386-mingw32] *** LOCAL GEMS *** activesupport (2.3.8, 2.3.5) builder (2.1.2) commonwatir (1.6.5) ffi (0.6.3 x86-mingw32) firewatir (1.6.5) google-spreadsheet-ruby (0.1.1) hoe (2.6.1, 2.6.0) hpricot (0.8.2 x86-mswin32) json_pure (1.4.3) nokogiri (1.4.2.1 x86-mingw32, 1.4.1 x86-mingw32) oauth (0.4.1, 0.4.0) rake (0.8.7) rasta (0.1.10 x86-mswin32-60) roo (1.9.3) rspec (1.2.9) ruby-ole (1.2.10.1) rubyforge (2.0.4) rubygems-update (1.3.7, 1.3.6) rubyzip (0.9.4) rubyzip2 (2.0.1) s4t-utils (1.0.4) selenium-webdriver (0.0.24, 0.0.18) spreadsheet (0.6.4.1) syntax (1.0.0) user-choices (1.1.6.1) watir (1.6.5) watir-webdriver (0.0.2, 0.0.1.dev5) win32-api (1.4.6 x86-mingw32) win32-process (0.6.2) windows-api (0.4.0) windows-pr (1.0.9) xml-simple (1.0.12) -- Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before you ask, be nice. You received this message because you are subscribed to http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general To post: [email protected] To unsubscribe: [email protected] -- Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before you ask, be nice. You received this message because you are subscribed to http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general To post: [email protected] To unsubscribe: [email protected]
