It did not help avoiding the domain name :-(

I tried the below:

Installed ruby 1.9.2 using rubyinstaller-1.9.2-p0.exe

Then...

C:\ InstallFiles>gem install win32-api-1.4.5-x86-mswin32-60.gem
C:\ InstallFiles>gem install windows-pr-1.0.8.gem

This installed the below gems:
1.      windows-api-0.4.0
2.      windows-pr-1.0.8

C:\InstallFiles >gem install win32-process-0.6.1.gem
C:\InstallFiles >gem install activesupport-2.2.3.gem
C:\InstallFiles >gem install watir-1.6.5.gem

This installed the below gems:
1.      xml-simple-1.0.12
2.      json_pure-1.4.6
3.      rubyforge-2.0.4
4.      hoe-2.6.2
5.      s4t-utils-1.0.4
6.      builder-2.1.2
7.      user-choices-1.1.6.1
8.      commonwatir-1.6.5
9.      firewatir-1.6.5
10.     nokogiri-1.4.3.1-x86-mingw32
11.     watir-1.6.5

All installed successfully. But an error crops up moment I try to
create instance of IE as

>require 'Watir'
>ie=Watir::IE.new

The error says:
This application has failed to start becuase msvcrt-ruby18.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

I uninstalled ruby, deleted Ruby192 folder and freshly installed all
the abover components. This time with --platform=ruby option as
suggested on the stackoverflow.com but the error still persists.

Please guide.

On Oct 1, 7:03 pm, Charley Baker <[email protected]> wrote:
> You'll want to use Ruby 1.8.6 or 1.8.7. If you have true IE
> modal_dialogs (called in the source as showModalDialog, ask your devs
> if you use these) in your application then stick with 1.8.6, otherwise
> 1.8.7 seems to work for everything else.
>
> You're close on the proxy settting, but skip the domain, this might help:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4418/how-do-i-update-ruby-gems-fro...
>
> Charley Baker
> Lead Developer, Watir,http://watir.com
>
>
>
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 6:46 AM, sam <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> > I am trying to install watir on a Windows XP PC. I could install ruby
> > and check gem version as:
>
> > C:\>gem -v
> > 1.3.7
>
> > #Next I tried:
>
> > C:\>gem update --system
>
> > #I got the below response:
>
> > Updating RubyGems
> >ERROR:  http://rubygems.org/does not appear to be a repository
> >ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
> >    SocketError: getaddrinfo: No such host is known.  (http://
> > rubygems.org/yaml)
>
> > #My Ruby version shown is:
>
> > C:\>ruby -v
> > ruby 1.9.2p0 (2010-08-18) [i386-mingw32]
>
> > #Then I tried:
>
> > C:\>gem update --system -phttp://proxy.companyserver.com:8080
>
> > #The response was:
>
> > Updating RubyGems
> >ERROR:  http://rubygems.org/does not appear to be a repository
> >ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::RemoteFetcher::FetchError)
> >    bad response Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server
> > requires authori
> > zation to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is
> > denied.  ) 407
> > (http://rubygems.org/yaml)
>
> > #Then I tried:
> > C:\>gem update --system 
> > -phttp://domain\user:[email protected]:8080
>
> > #The response was:
>
> >ERROR:  While executing gem ... (OptionParser::InvalidArgument)
> >    invalid argument: 
> > -phttp://domain\user:[email protected]:8080
>
> > #Normally I specify domain\username while loggin to the proxy for
> > internet. Is "\" a problem?
> > #My password has special character #. Is this any issue?
> > #I went through many posts on watirinstallationbut could not find
> > one that totally matches thiserror. Please guide. I am new to ruby/
> > watir.
>
> > --
> > Before posting, please readhttp://watir.com/support. In short: search 
> > before you ask, be nice.
>
> > [email protected]
> >http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
> > [email protected] Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -

-- 
Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before 
you ask, be nice.

[email protected]
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
[email protected]

Reply via email to