Hi, I am new to Watir and have just started a proof of concept to see
if that it can be used in our project with less pains. Any help is
much appreciated.  Here is what is happening.

Environment: Windows XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 3, ruby
1.9.2p290 (2011-07-09) [i386-mingw32], Watir (1.9.2), IE8, my login
has local admin/power user access.

C:\Ruby192>irb
irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> require 'watir'
=> true
irb(main):003:0> Watir::Browser.default
=> "ie"
irb(main):004:0> b = Watir::Browser.new

At this point, an IE instance is opened and waits for a minute. And
then it comes back with a message box saying "Windows cannot access
the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate
permissions to access the item." asking me to click OK.  When I click
ok, it opens another IE instance and displays the same message, this
goes into the same loop until I use task manager to terminate all the
instances abruptly. Once terminated what I see in irb is this.

irb(main):004:0> b = Watir::Browser.new
WIN32OLERuntimeError: (in OLE method `navigate': )
    OLE error code:0 in <Unknown>
      <No Description>
    HRESULT error code:0x800706ba
      The RPC server is unavailable.
        from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/watir-1.9.2/lib/watir/
ie-class.rb:370:in `method_missing'
        from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/watir-1.9.2/lib/watir/
ie-class.rb:370:in `goto'
        from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/watir-1.9.2/lib/watir/
ie-class.rb:91:in `_new_window_init'
        from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/watir-1.9.2/lib/watir/
ie-class.rb:85:in `initialize'
        from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/commonwatir-1.9.2/lib/
watir/browser.rb:65:in `new'
        from C:/Ruby192/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/commonwatir-1.9.2/lib/
watir/browser.rb:65:in `new'
        from (irb):4
        from C:/Ruby192/bin/irb:12:in `<main>'
irb(main):005:0>

Everything works normally when I use "watir-webdriver" to open IE8.

-- 
Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before 
you ask, be nice.

[email protected]
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
[email protected]

Reply via email to