I examine the possibility of using Watir to automate my AUT which uses nested frames. To my deception I found that Watir is very slow to act on elements that are located in deeply nested frames. For example, to set a text field within the seventh frame, Watir needs some 15 seconds, while to set the same field within the first frame it needs only one second. This is very suprising to me, especially that a VB script that I created to do exactly the same is fast - about one second, independently of how deep the frame is nested. Why Watir is slow with nested frames? Is this a known issue? Does a solution to this exist? I use Ruby 1.8.7, Watir 1.9.2, IE8 I joined the demo ruby code and the HTML files. To see what I am talking about, copy the HTML files to a folder, open 7.html then run test_frame.rb
-- Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before you ask, be nice. [email protected] http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general [email protected]Title: Included window Title: Test FRAME
<FRAMESET border="10" cols="60,*" frameBorder="10" frameSpacing="5"> <FRAME name="text" scrolling="yes" src="text.html"/> <FRAME name="1.0" scrolling="yes" src="0.html"/> </FRAMESET>Title: Test FRAME
<FRAMESET border="10" cols="160,*" frameBorder="10" frameSpacing="5"> <FRAME name="2.0" scrolling="yes" src="0.html"/> <FRAME name="2.1" scrolling="yes" src="1.html"/> </FRAMESET>Title: Test FRAME
<FRAMESET border="10" cols="160,*" frameBorder="10" frameSpacing="5"> <FRAME name="3.0" scrolling="yes" src="0.html"/> <FRAME name="3.2" scrolling="yes" src="2.html"/> </FRAMESET>Title: Test FRAME
<FRAMESET border="10" cols="160,*" frameBorder="10" frameSpacing="5"> <FRAME name="4.0" scrolling="yes" src="0.html"/> <FRAME name="4.3" scrolling="yes" src="3.html"/> </FRAMESET>Title: Test FRAME
<FRAMESET border="10" cols="160,*" frameBorder="10" frameSpacing="5"> <FRAME name="5.0" scrolling="yes" src="0.html"/> <FRAME name="5.4" scrolling="yes" src="4.html"/> </FRAMESET>Title: Test FRAME
<FRAMESET border="10" cols="160,*" frameBorder="10" frameSpacing="5"> <FRAME name="6.0" scrolling="yes" src="0.html"/> <FRAME name="6.5" scrolling="yes" src="5.html"/> </FRAMESET>Title: Test FRAME
<FRAMESET border="10" cols="160,*" frameBorder="10" frameSpacing="5"> <FRAME name="7.0" scrolling="yes" src="0.html"/> <FRAME name="7.6" scrolling="yes" src="6.html"/> </FRAMESET>Title: Included window
text
test_frame.rb
Description: Binary data
